Friday, October 24, 2008

Out of the loop.

That's how I feel. I don't know where I have been the last two months. I guess I have been busy, but then not really busy, just kind of detached...has anyone else felt that way?

Maddie has been doing much better in school, no more word from the teacher and I almost get the sense she's tired of me asking. Big shout out to SUZ for reading my blog and sending me some books she thought might help!! Suz, you are the best!

I cant believe its trick or treating already this weekend...we haven't even carved pumpkins yet! Maddie agreed to go as a cheerleader since I bought the costume on clearance last year. I'm thankful she is so agreeable as I do not have the time to run out and try and find her a horse costume, which is what she really wants to be. I wish I would have gotten my act together sooner so I could attempt to sew a costume...my mom used to make the best costumes. Ahhh, the good old days. Saturday she will trick or treat the businesses and then Sunday the houses. Sunday there is rain/SNOW in the forecast so we'll see.

The duchess turned 5 last week. We went out for a special dinner, baked a cake and had a quiet evening. 5!!!! OMG I still cant believe it! Maddie got a card and money from my dad and she decided she wanted to call him, which is great. The last thing I want is for my crap to become her crap as far as issues go with my family. So I called and it was awkward. I do believe that relationship is beyond repair. I refuse to let that severed relationship get me down anymore than it already has...I will always stand up for myself and my daughter regardless of the cost...so there.


One last thing...Welcome back MRS. KBL, you were missed~

7 comments:

Persnickety Ticker said...

Hey there. Long time reader, new commenter. Glad everything seems to be going smoother for you and your daughter on the whole. I'll bet she makes an adorable cheerleader.

My daughter just turned 5 as well and she can't decide on Cinderella or Mermaid for trick-or-treating. I guess we'll know when it's time to go out.

Just want to say, I enjoy reading your blog.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Glad you got the books. I am very happy to hear things are going better in school, some things just take time to get used to.
So, you guys trick or treat that far in advance? Do they try to fit it on a weekend always? That is cool btw.
A horse costume??? I hope she stays with the cheerleader, so much easier.
Take care,
Suz

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, happy late birthday to the Duchess. I hope she enjoyed her special day. Good of you to have her call your dad, you are on the right track there too. :)

Gberger said...

Glad to hear from you again! I hope you and Maddie enjoy every moment of Halloween. Please post photos. It sounds like it will be COLD!
Good news about her schooling; I'm glad that she is doing well. You are such a loving mom. I admire your attitude about not making "your issues" into "her issues," but in my experience, it's not always easy. Good for you for taking the high road. God bless you both!

Gberger said...

How was your Halloween?

Me said...

Happy Birthday to Maddie! She's so precious. Did you ever get snow?

(totally understand the feeling detached thing too. hope you start to reattach to the world when you are ready. hang in there.)

=)

The Engine of the Family said...

I have been totally detached for the last couple of months...mostly due to work. I'm trying to get caught up on all my blog reading right now. Glad to see everything with your daughter is better!