Monday, July 7, 2008

Buggin Out...

Yesterday as I was getting dressed, I found a CENTIPEDE on my bed. I'm not sure if it had crawled there, or it fell out of the clothes I pulled out of the closet, or if it was somewhere on my person. Centipedes give me a serious case of the Heebie Jeebies! As I was panicking, looking for a boot to squash it with, it escaped under my bed. I have not found it.

Needless to say, I did not sleep very well, anything that touched my face such as: me, my hair, my eyebrows, my blankets, the dog etc. I woke up thinking it was this thing coming to get me. My rational side tells me that its probably already moved on. My irrational side, which seems to be in command here, is telling me that it is still under my bed plotting its next move and plans on attacking with all those disgusting legs when I sleep.

As is sit here working, I've been shining the flashlight under the bed every so often looking for it (I should also add that underneath my bed is NOT clutter free). I, again, am getting spooked at the slightest movement or anything brushing on my legs...poor mini.

If this horrible creature shows itself while I am on the phone, I just might come unglued.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

oh my gosh. I feel your pain, but you made me laugh too. The little guy is most likely gone. He is looking for some smaller bug to eat, not you. :0
reminds me of when my Mother in Law found a dead scorpion on her bed as she made it one morning....now that is freaky.

Gberger said...

UGH. I am the same way, with such a vivid imagination. My bugaboo is snakes, which (of course), Katie loved...and she was fearless about picking them up. Yuck. Maybe you could get a frog to eat this bug?

The Engine of the Family said...

Hi - I found your blog through some others that I read. I super hate bugs and centipedes are one of the worst...uck! I feel creepy-crawly just reading this post. I had a bug crawl on my face in the middle of the night once and I seriously could not sleep at all the rest of the night. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Me said...

Ok those things are NASTY!!! But I don't think they bite which is good and they are so light that you probably wouldn't even feel it on you. Not that that makes it any less disgusting but it could be worse. It could be a roach or like Suz's mother in a law found, a Scorpion. Just that name Scorpion is horrendous!

Good luck sleeping! Maybe wear ear muffs just to be safe...