Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Holidays!!!

Well, as usual, I'm behind with my posts! I meant to post well before Christmas. I loved the pictures of everyones trees and their special ornaments.

Here is my tree:

Every year, for about 13 years, the girls (plus my nephew) in my family (mom, sister, niece, Maddie, and myself) would exchange ornaments every Thanksgiving. My tree is very full with lots of special ornaments so its hard to pick a favorite. This is one of my favorites, it was given to me by my mom a year before she died...it was not part of the exchange, she just took it off her tree and gave it to me. I didn't really like it at first, it has a lot of wear, but I absolutely love it now and it so reminds me of mom.


My uncle (fathers brother) called me and invited me to the family party, like he does every year. Because I have been having so many problems with Maddie (telling me she does not love me etc.) I decided to go. My sister wasn't going to be there and I can handle my father. I figured my brother would just ignore me. I was slightly worried about him because he's kind of unpredictable, but enough people would be around, so why not? Although not appropriate, my Christmas motto was F*CK EM! When I got there, my brother was standing outside with some cousins and walked over with a smile on his face and said "well, this is a surprise" and gave me a hug. He seemed sincere. Maddie and I had a great day. Being around family was exactly what we both needed. I saw my father, he just pretended nothing had ever happened between us...which is fine because fighting on Christmas is inappropriate. As we were leaving, my brother was outside and hugged me again and told me to call him. Weird.








Here it is New Years Eve...Maddie and I went to Chicago to have lunch with my aunt, father and brother...again, weird~ but I will wait until the holidays are over. I don't really like to go out on New Years. First because I like to spend it with Maddie, watching movies and eating snacks. We stay home because there are way to many careless people on the roads tonight (more than usual). Maddie and Mini dropped off about 2 hours ago:



I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season (however you celebrate) and enjoyed yourselves and your families.

3 comments:

Me said...

Maddie looks happy and I'm glad you got to spend Christmas with family even if your Christmas motto is F*ck em! Maybe that should carry through to the new year too?

May you and Maddie find peace and happiness in the new year.

=)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the pictures and an ornament exchange sounds like a perfect way to spread the love. ;0
Christmas and getting in touch with the family is a good thing. Maddie needs those connections just as much as you do. Them acting weird? maybe they are coming to their senses????
The princess pic is great...she looks so happy.
take care,
suz

Najia said...

Happy New Year Mags, Mads, and Mini!

I've got to tell you that your little is so pretty. Love her smile. I'm glad she was able to experience a 'no drama' family holiday season.

All the best from us to you in 2009!

p.s. sooooo cool that you got to hang in Chi-town. Sometimes I miss my hometown very much.